Frye Electronics is pleased to announce the release of version 2.22 of the FONIX NOAH Real-ear Module. This release adds the new MOD NAL fitting formula.
Some customers have reported that the standard NAL-NL1 fitting formula prescribes too much amplification for their patients. Although we do not normally like to modify fitting formulas from research laboratories, in this case the demand was enough that we have created a version of the NAL-NL1 target for mild to moderate gain hearing aids. This new formula is called “MOD NAL.” MOD NAL prescribes 3 dB per octave less gain than NAL-NL1.
With the new version of the FONIX NOAH Real-ear Module, you can use this new MOD NAL target with any supported FONIX analyzer.
Other recent changes to the Real-ear Module:
- DSL 5.0a is now available on the Real-ear Module.
- “Get Curves” allows you to grab previously measured curves on your analyzer.
- Target Settings can now be sent to the analyzer from the Real-ear Module
- Curve parameters used to perform the measurements are now stored and can be printed from the Real-ear Module.
- Measurements made with the FP35, 7000, or 8000 Hearing Aid Analyzer are now synchronized with the Real-ear Module curves.
- Reference microphone can now be enabled/disabled from the Real-ear Module.
- Added controls to the On Top window for printing and switching ears.
Click here for details about support for Microsoft Vista.