The FONIX NOAH Real-ear Module provides a Windows-based interface to a connected FONIX hearing aid analyzer. You can use its graphical interface to perform real-ear and coupler measurements from within NOAH, eliminating the need to use the buttons on the front panel for most operations.
- The FONIX NOAH Real-ear Module automatically imports the latest NOAH audiogram, eliminating the need for you to manually input data. You can also send the audiogram directly to the connected hearing aid analyzer. This gives you the flexibility to perform the measurements from the front panel of the hearing aid analyzer with the added convenience of easy transfer of audiometric data directly from NOAH. You can also perform RECD and REDD measurements. These tests are especially useful when testing infants and small children.
NAL-NL1, MOD NAL, DSL mI/O Targets
- Any NOAH audiogram saved in the patient’s file can be used to create non-linear DSL m i/o (v5.0a) NAL-NL1, and MOD NAL targets for real-ear or coupler measurements. You can display a target for each measurement curve. These targets are automatically generated using the patient’s audiogram and the settings of the measurement curve. If any adjustments are made to the source type or amplitude of the measurement curve, the target automatically adjusts with this new data so that it remains appropriate for the test. RECD measurements can also be taken to increase the accuracy of the coupler target for the patient’s ear canal resonance.
Test from NOAH
- The NOAH Real-ear Module lets you perform an unaided frequency response measurement and up to five different aided measurements. Each aided measurement curve has its own target curve. You can turn on and off the display of any curve without deleting any data. This lets you perform lots of measurements without worrying about screen clutter.All the necessary controls are in the NOAH Real-ear Module, and its Windows-based interface is very intuitive and easy to use. This lets you focus on the measurement results themselves instead of the operation of the equipment.
- You can easily set up a series of frequency response curves to run automatically on the analyzer, eliminating the need to select each curve and run it manually. This is especially useful in determining the compression characteristics of the hearing aid by running measurements curves at soft, medium, and loud levels. You can quickly get a complete picture of the current hearing aid characteristics with minimal mouse clicks.
On Top Mode
- The On Top Mode opens a small test window that always appears on top of all other open windows. This lets you adjust the hearing aid using a fitting module while simultaneously performing hearing aid measurements, increasing both efficiency and accuracy.The On Top Mode also contains the Frye Auto Test feature, allowing you to automatically test multiple frequency response measurements at pre-set levels, while eliminating multiple mouse clicks the process.
- Visible Speech in the NOAH Real-ear Module shows you the hearing aid’s response to a live speech or prerecorded external signal. It works by putting the analyzer in spectrum analysis mode and showing the real-time response of the aid to the live speech signal. As the display updates, Visible Speech keeps track of the minimum and maximum response of the aid across the frequency band and colors in the entire region of the response. This gives the clinician a wonderful tool for demonstrating the potential of the hearing aid to the patient.
Import and Export Data with XML
- All data measured with the NOAH Real-ear Module can be saved to your computer’s clipboard for use with another software program such as Microsoft Excel or Word. You can also export all data into XML format. This XML data can be shared with others and imported into other NOAH databases or FONIX Press & Go.
- Pentium III, 1 GHz CPU or equivalent
- Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Memory: 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
- Storage: 1 GB of hard drive space
- Video resolution: 1024 x 768
- NOAH 3.7 or 4.0 (previous versions will probably work but have not been tested)